HOW TO GET INVOLVED…
We are looking for artists and creatives from all disciplines from all over the world to be featured:
- In our second issue of the ASLI Magazine
- On our ASLI Blog
- To be a guest blogger or feature writer
- To get involved with our local event (UK Only)
- To be featured in our on-line gallery
- To raise awareness for ASLI in your local and worldwide communities.
As usual we want artists from the wide spectrum of “the arts”. Such as poetry, creative writing, dance, theatre, film, documentary, music, visual arts, photography, comedy, blogging, comic/graphic novels, crafts, fashion, textiles…. If it is creative we are interested.
We would like you to contribute submissions from these chosen topics:
- Mental illness and your personal story
- Stereotypes about mental illness
- Art and creative therapies
- Highlighting specific psychiatric illnesses
- Achieving mental health
- Medication and Treatment
- Politics, society and mental illness
Also we would like to raise awareness for particular mental illness awareness months and weeks during the time period of our campaign:
- May – Borderline Personality Disorder
- June – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- July – Minority Mental Health
Submission Guide Lines:
- Please submit ONE piece of work for consideration (if you submit more than one we will look at your first one and choose you according to this)
- This call out is open to: both men and women, all ages, worldwide and all abilities
- State your artistic discipline/medium and chosen topic (If you submit outside the topics requested we will not be able to accept your submission at this time)
- Please read about us first, see if you want to be part of our mission and make sure you understand who we are what we are about.
- Do not just email a link (we will not follow it)
- Remember we are a non-profit organisation
- If you wish to submit in another language other than English we accept untranslated work in French and Arabic, all other languages must have an English translation attached.
- If submitting creative writing please do not submit over 500 words and if your piece is longer submit a 500 word abstract
- State if you are submitting to be: featured in on our ASLI Magazine or ASLI Blog, to be a guest blogger or feature writer, our on-line gallery, you wish to raise awareness for our campaign in your local area, want to fundraising, be involved with our local events (UK only – Portsmouth Based)
- If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (we aim to get back to you within 48 hours depending on volume of submissions)
ASLI Magazine or ASLI Blog – submit by Monday the 15th of June
Guest feature writers and Bloggers – submit by Friday the 5th of June
To be featured in our on-line gallery – Open until the 5th of August
To raise awareness for ASLI in your local and worldwide communities – Open until the 5th of August
Being involved in our on-line campaign – Open until the 5th of August
We divide the entries into categories regarding the artistic discipline first such as; Visual art, photography, Performing art/Dance, Film/Documentary, Poetry, Creative Writing, Music…..
Each category is given to an ASLI team member and they then look at the submission criteria and divide your submissions further into the topics.
A select amount is chosen from each topic
And we try to be as representative as possible with our global range of submissions
Be part of the campaign on-line, get involved!!
Tweet us @ASLInonprofit :
Your images and videos of your work add #artsaveslivesinternational
If art has saved your life or you think art saves lives share your selfies telling us using these hash tags #ArtsSavesLives #ArtSavedMyLife #SupportASLI #artsaveslivesinternational
Or you can do this on Instagram the hashtags @artsaveslivesint
Look at all the artist who share with us on Instagram using our hashtag#artsaveslivesinternational
We will then add you to our campaign gallery and share your involvement with our global audience making you part of the mission
Check out our #artsaveslivesinternational Gallery on our website
Take a look at last month’s:
We can’t wait to engage with you all!